1. He named his kid North. North West. To be fair there is no shortage of ridiculous baby naming happening in Hollywood, but naming your kid after a direction? Were North ever to be forced to slum it in public school she’d for sure be the class joke of every Geography class. They should have just kept with the K theme. Somebody do something before there’s a whole map of direction babies in the Kimye mansion. On second thought, there are far fewer directions than K names so maybe the world will be lucky and Kimye will limit their reproduction to North and South.
2. He’s managed to make Kim Kardashian even skankier. It’s like they say, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig. Case in point, you can put Versace on Kim, but she’s still just a B list “celebrity” who made herself famous through a sex tape and naked selfies. Under Kanye’s tutelage Kim is wearing designer clothes and posing for Vogue, unfortunately she’s also doing this http://www.popsugar.com/fashion/Kim-Kardashian-Style-2015-36508193
Somebody do something before there’s another Kim edition of Playboy.
3. He once compared himself to police officers and soldiers at war. Back in 2013, he did an interview with http://saturdaynightonline.com where he told interviewer Garrett, “I’m just giving my body on the stage and putting my life at risk, literally” when referencing his performances on the tour. Ok, Kanye you climbed a fake mountain, congratulations, in those thought pants you wear that’s actually pretty impressive. Somebody do something before Kanye requests his medal of honor for all those times he
put his life on the line for his country put on an overpriced concert and lost some of his fanbase.
“That mountain goes really, really high,” Kanye said, “and if I slipped, you never know. And I think about it. I think about my family and I’m like ‘Wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something.’”
4. He’s a self-proclaimed non-reader, something he’s quite proud of, yet, he expects people to buy his new book, “Thank You and You’re Welcome.” Way to be all, do as I say and not as I do Kanye. If you do waste your money on this ridiculous book of “Kanye-isms” just don’t expect him to autograph it, seeing as how he would, “never want a books autograph,” I doubt he or his book would autograph yours. Somebody do something before he becomes one of those novelist that writes books that “be wordy and self-absorbed. “
5. In not so new news, Kanye is a real jerk at awards shows. From the 2006 MTV European Music Awards (where he should have won) to Taylor Swift (when Beyonce should have won) to most recently, Beck, Kanye simply cannot control himself at awards shows. Someone do something before those voices tell him to do something he might actually regret. On second thought, don’t…
6. He can’t make up his mind about white people and the N word. So, I’ll admit it, I’ve been to a Kanye West concert before. Back when he first got started in the industry, you know when his music was still good and he wore clothes that fit… Well actually, Kanye hasn’t put out anything good since, College Dropout, but then again I don’t listen to rap anymore so who am I to judge? Anyways, I remember when he performed, “Gold Digger”, he told everyone in the audience to stand up and sing, even the “white people.” I will never forget him saying, “it’s ok, tonight, during this song, everyone can say n***a, even my white people.” Now, he complains about white people singing along to “N***as in Paris” saying, “it hurts to hear that word. Not to start a debate on the use of the word, but seems to me, it’s like I feel about using curse words around my kids, if I don’t wanna hear it, I probably shouldn’t say it. Somebody stop him before he writes another song that causes him pain.
7. Beneath it all, he’s clearly quite angry about something.
Somebody stop him before be does something stupid. Oh, nevermind…
8. The one real, not humorous thing on this list, Kanye calls himself a man of God, quoted as saying, “God chose me. He made a path for me. I am God’s vessel.” Nothing wrong with that, we are all vessels of God. He chose each and every one of us to use the gifts He gave us spread the love of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, Kanye used that vessel to go from songs like “Jesus Walks” to “I am a God.” I’m not saying Kanye was ever a Christian rapper, but underneath the vulgarity of, “Jesus Walks” he did share his love of God in that song. And btw, when he performed it at that concert I went to, it was done respectfully, with a prayer beforehand and no pictures of Kanye in a crown of thorns on the big screen. I haven’t been to a Kanye concert lately, in fact, I didn’t even know what the lyrics in the song, “I am a God” were until I looked them up for this post. I have however seen this.
Of all the self-absorbed, narcissistic things to come from Camp Kanye, this should be the match that burns the camp down. Somebody do something before Kanye has himself crucified as not a publicity stunt.
Seriously though, I have an issue with artist using God to sell albums while not embracing a Christian lifestyle in public (I’ll blog more about that one day) but this is just taking things to a whole new extreme. We all sin, we are make mistakes, but if Kanye truly does believe he is one of God’s vessels hopefully one day he’ll see he’s meant to humble himself in God so that the message he shares becomes a positive one.
I know this was supposed to be Top Ten Tuesday, but I’m really tired of researching Kanye West now, ink Peter sure number 8 counts for at least 3 reasons anyways.