Chicken Parmesan is a big favorite in my house. It’s one of those meals everyone can agree on. And, after months of perfecting my recipe, it’s now become a birthday and holiday dinner request. And why not? Who wouldn’t love it in all it’s cheesy goodness, crispy on the outside, moist of the inside with a side of homemade fettuccine alfredo… There’s just one problem, it takes forever. Especially when I’m cooking for more than a dozen people. But, you know what doesn’t take forever? Chicken nuggets. So, last night I combined the two and we had all the flavor of chicken parm with half the prep time.
Like I said in my last post, I’m a big no-measurement cook, but since I’m giving you a recipe I’ll do my best to give you measurements with it.
For the Chicken:
1 1/2 lbs of chicken (for me this feeds a family of 5)
1 container of Italian Style Panko Bread Crumbs
4 Eggs (for egg wash)
1 stick of butter
*Parmesan Cheese (Fresh or from the bottle, I used the bottle this time because it’s what I had on hand)
*Use parm cheese and seasonings according to your taste
For the Fries:
Potatoes (I used 2 very large potatoes, that fed my family of 5)
*Bottled Parmesan Cheese
*use according to your taste
Oil of your choice (I used a blended oil)
For the Cheese Dip
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
2 tablespoons Flour
1 cup milk (warm)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt to taste
Parmesan Chicken Bites
1. Cut chicken into cubes
2. Coat in flour (I put salt and pepper in my flour but it’s not necessary)
3. Prepare panko mix. Place entire carton of panko in bowl, add seasonings and parmesan cheese to taste.
4. Heat a full stick of butter in frying pan.
5. Place flour coated chicken into egg wash a few pieces at a time being sure to let all excess egg drip off.
6. Coat each piece of chicken thoroughly in the panko mixture and place to the side on a plate
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all chicken is complete.
8. Place completed chicken pieces into melted butter and cook.
*My chicken took 6 minutes on each side. However, my stove runs cool so your may take less time. For safety always use a meat thermometer.
1. Clean potatoes
2. Heat 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch of oil in pan depending on size of pan.
3. Cut potatoes in preferred fry shape.
4. Pat fries dry.
5. Place fries in lidded container and toss in salt.
6. Carefully cook fries in heated oil to desired crispness. I like mine crispy so I cooked them for 8 mins.
7. Place fries on napkin to drain grease.
8. Place back into lidded bowl and toss with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
Mozzarella Cheese Dip
1. In a microwave safe bowl, heat coconut oil until melted (about a minute).
2. Whisk together coconut oil, flour and milk.
3. Add 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese>
4. Microwave in 30 second increments, whisking in between until sauce is thick (about 2 minutes).
This recipe was adapted from this recipe for Microwave Cheese Sauce which can be found here http://www.food.com/recipe/microwave-cheese-sauce-90073